Orphaned children are more likely to live in extreme poverty, suffer from malnutrition, miss school, and lack healthcare and other essential services. This is the case especially when everyone around them is suffering from an ongoing conflict and displacement.
SFUSA Orphan’s Sponsorship Program provides a comprehensive package of services to orphans registered in our Endowment schools, including education, school supplies, transportation to/from school, nutritious meals, clothing, psychosocial support, and healthcare.
When you sponsor an orphan, you are bringing them out of danger and placing them into a safe environment, preventing them from dropping out of school and giving them a fair chance at building a prosperous and meaningful life.
Your $95 monthly will cover the following:
- Salaries for SF schools’ teachers.
- School operational costs and supplies.
- Clothing for students: uniform and winter clothing.
- Health screening and needed medical follow up.
- Meals, one or two meals per day (depends on school hours)
- Transportation to/from school.
- Textbooks, stationery, and backpacks for students.
- Stipend to cover housing needs for orphans’ caretaker ($30)
- Specialized caseworker to provide follow up home visits and psychosocial support services.
Your life-changing gift will improve every aspect of a child’s life by lifting them out of deprivation and giving them access to opportunities that will help them build a promising life for themselves.
A child doesn’t choose to be an orphan. But you can choose to give them hope.